Student Health Services
Bryn Athyn College is proud to partner with Abington Jefferson Health to provide quality health services for students. The health care team is lead by Dr. Christopher M. Notte, Medical Director and Christina J. Wood, CRNP. Student Health Services is located in Lower Brickman, just outside the entrance to the Dining Hall. All students are eligible for routine care for illness or injury. We work closely with a broad network of nearby specialists.
It is highly recommended all students have health insurance during enrollment in the College. Students from outside the immediate area are urged to contact their insurance benefits administrator to learn how their insurance covers them while they are in college. If you are a citizen of the United States and are not currently covered by health insurance, we advise you to visit the healthcare.gov website (https://www.healthcare.gov/) or for Pennsylvania residents (https://www.compass.state.pa.us/Compass.Web/public/cmphome) to search for a plan that may work for you. The College does not offer a health insurance plan for students. International students are encouraged to purchase an international student plan that may meet their needs, but also can inquire about the College-sponsored insurance plan. All students are urged to obtain as many services as possible at home to avoid incurring additional expense at school.
International Student Health Insurance Requirement
Bryn Athyn College no longer offers a student health insurance plan. International students on an F1 visa do not have any government related health insurance requirements to meet when studying in the USA. With this in mind, and because having adequate health insurance is so important, we highly recommend that international students seek out adequate health care coverage. Please remember that purchasing appropriate insurance is the only way to protect against unforeseen medical bills.
The following is a link to one of many international student health care plans. If you have any other questions please feel free to contact health services directly.
Lower Brickman Health Center
Sexual Harassment Support
Health Center staff work closely with the College Sports Medicine Staff to help students obtain diagnostic services and treatment for sports injuries. Visit http://www.brynathynathletics.com/information/sportsmedicine for more information.
Coordinator Of Health Services
Assistant Athletic Director for Sports Medicine
Lower Brickman Health Center 013
Support and Referral
Health Center staff are happy to discuss health, nutrition, addictions, and other areas of concern for students. If we don’t offer a specific service, we can help you find out who does.
Rights and Responsibilities
1. You have the right to considerate and respectful care. Your corresponding responsibility is to give your clinician and other Health Center staff members the same respect and consideration.
2. You have the right to receive complete information regarding your health care. Your responsibility is to provide accurate, honest information to your clinician and other Heath Center staff members so that the best decisions regarding your health care can be made.
3. You have the right to receive adequate information necessary to provide informed consent before the initiation of any counsel, treatment, or procedure. Your responsibility is to initiate questions when you do not understand the information you are given.
4. You have the right to refuse any recommended services or to ask for a second opinion. If you agree to a course of treatment, you have the responsibility to yourself and to the clinician to follow the prescribed instructions, including completing medication and returning for follow-up care.
5. You have the right to privacy (view the section on Confidentiality below).
Services at the Health Center are provided on a strictly confidential basis. A copy of the confidentiality policy is available at the Health Center. No information is released outside of the Health Center to anyone without the student’s written authorization. However, there are limits to this confidentiality, and they include the following:
- When there is risk of imminent harm to self or another person, the Health Center staff has a legal and ethical duty to do whatever is necessary to protect you and others from harm.
- A Health Center clinician may consult with other professional staff members for the purpose of providing the best possible care to students.
- A court ordered subpoena could require the Health Center to release information contained in records or require a Health Center staff member to testify in court.
- Medical Emergency Action Plan
- Accident Report
- PA Department of Health Services
- Abington Memorial Hospital
- Holy Redeemer Hospital
- Urgent Care Locations and Hours