Bryn Athyn College is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our goal is to attract and retain talented and dedicated employees by providing a friendly and collaborative work environment that offers meaningful career opportunities, competitive compensation, an extensive benefits package, and various professional and personal development opportunities.
Faculty Employment Opportunities
Bryn Athyn College is seeking a part-time instructor for Spanish 101 and Spanish 102. The courses provide beginner-level instruction in Spanish (speaking, listening, reading, writing) and support the College’s core language requirement. Spanish 101 will be offered in the fall term (Aug 22-Nov 9), and Spanish 102 will be offered in the winter term (Nov 26-Feb 23). Both courses will run MWF from 12:20-1:30.
Candidates must possess an MA or PhD in Spanish or related field, or have demonstrated success in teaching foreign language at the college level. Preferred candidates would show understanding of and support for the College’s mission and be able to teach the full two-term sequence.
Applications are accepted until 6/22/18. To apply, please email a letter of application, CV, and names of three references to Ms. Renee L. Rosenfeld, at email@example.com.
Bryn Athyn College has an opening for an Faculty Residence Hall Manager. This is a 10-month, part-time position (10-15 hours a week) that has evening and weekend hours and requires living in an on-campus apartment provided by the College during the academic year. For 1- 4 residence halls that house up to 40 students, responsibilities include: managing the facility, enforcing policies, and creating an environment of academic achievement, personal development, wellness, and safety/security for our residential student population. This position supervises and develops 1-4 undergraduate resident assistants. Requirements include employment as faculty member at Bryn Athyn College plus 1-3 years of student life, residence life or college teaching/administration experience (including staff supervision, crisis management, facilities management, policy enforcement, and community engagement). Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6/11/18.
Staff Employment Opportunities
Bryn Athyn College seeks an Admissions Counselor for the Admissions Office. This is a full-time, 12 month position reporting to the Dean of Admissions and Enrollment Management. The Admissions Counselor is responsible for recruiting students who fit the academic profile and support the mission of Bryn Athyn College. This position has the principal accountability for travel and personalized correspondence with recruits and applicants for admission within an assigned territory.
The Admissions Counselor is responsible for reviewing application files for admission; interviewing prospective students; representing Bryn Athyn College by providing admissions counseling and group information sessions for prospective students and their families, high schools and college personnel;
developing and maintaining productive working relationships with high school guidance counselors, alumni and other constituencies influential in the admissions process; representing Bryn Athyn College during all on-campus admissions events, planning and executing fall and spring travel schedules, managing all aspects of recruiting efforts for specified territory to meet stated recruitment goals; building relationships with and assisting prospective students throughout all phases of the enrollment cycle (inquiry through enrollment);conducting phone, e-mail and other contacts with prospective students throughout the admissions process, representing Bryn Athyn College at college fairs, high schools, and other off-campus events; building relationships with parents, guidance counselors, and other external constituents; answering correspondence and completing paperwork; other duties as assigned.
Requirements include strong communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills; attention to detail; ability to manage projects and multi-task; determination to meet recruitment goals and adhere to deadlines; ability to work independently; availability and willingness to work evenings and weekends and for overnight travel as needed; valid driver’s license; bachelor’s degree; and proficiency in MS Office Suite (specifically MS Excel and Word). Experience with event planning and working knowledge of CRM databases and dashboard reporting systems preferred. Candidates are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and list of three professional references via e-mail to email@example.com . The application deadline is 7/6/18.
Bryn Athyn College has an opening for an Asst Director of Residence Life. This is a 12-month, full-time position that has evening and weekend hours and requires living in an on-campus apartment provided by the College during the academic year. For 2-3 residence halls that house 100-150 students, responsibilities include: creating a first year experience and orientation program, managing the facility, enforcing policies, and creating an environment of academic achievement, personal development, wellness, and safety/security for our residential student population. This position also assists in the supervision and development of 2-3 part-time professional Residence Hall Managers, 6-8 Resident Assistants and Peer Advisor Counselors. Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in a related field plus 2-3 years of full-time college residence life experience (including staff supervision, crisis management, facilities management, policy enforcement, and community engagement). A relevant Master’s degree is preferred. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6/11/18.
Bryn Athyn College invites applications for Coordinator of Student Activities and Multicultural Student Programming. This position reports directly to the Dean of Students, serves on the student life leadership team, and supervises Advisers to student clubs and organizations. This full-time, 10-month, exempt level position is responsible for overseeing, leading, and coordinating all student activities, including working with students to organize and run social and recreational events, facilitating activities of student clubs and organizations, mentoring and developing student leaders, and playing a role in the orientation program by organizing and facilitating social activities.
The student life program at Bryn Athyn College seeks to create a vibrant, happy, secure and stimulating community by maintaining a spiritual focus to support healthy choices. Its goal is to foster an environment in which faculty and students recognize the personal responsibility of all members of a community for ensuring the health and safety of all. As a member of the student life staff, the Coordinator is expected to uphold the mission of the student life program by promoting an orderly and caring environment based on spiritual principles.
Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in Education or a related field and 2+ years’ experience working with college students. Management experience in a college community or similar environment, strong written and oral communications skills, and the ability to motivate students and staff are necessary. The Coordinator must have the ability to mediate conflict, establish and enforce college policies and procedures, create student activities, and monitor and advise students regarding academic and social concerns. Student life experience within a higher education environment preferred.
To apply, email a letter of application, resume, and list of three professional references to Renée L. Rosenfeld, Director of Human Resources, at email@example.com by6/14/18.
The Academy of the New Church (ANC) is looking to hire a Director of Public Safety. ANC is a not-for-profit educational institution, located in Bryn Athyn, PA, that owns and operates the Bryn Athyn College, the ANC Secondary Schools, Glencairn Museum and Cairnwood Estate.
Job Summary Section:
The Director of Public Safety is the chief administrative officer of the Department of Security & Safety and is responsible for exercising leadership in providing professional and responsive security and safety related services to the entire Academy campus community. The Director is responsible for all federal, state and local security and safety compliance related issues, requirements, and training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure implementation and compliance with all aspects of the Clery Act.
- Responsible for compiling annual crime statistics and for the publication and distribution of the federally required Student Right-to-Know Report by October 1 of each year Also required to insure compliance with all other aspects of this legislation, i.e. timely reporting of crime incidents, open crime log, disclosure of security polices/procedures, hate crime reporting requirements, etc.
- (Requires updating “Material Safety Data” book on a regular basis).
- Responsible for developing, communicating, and enforcing all Academy security and safety policies. Develop and implement needed crime prevention, intervention, and enforcement programs.
- Responsible for the direction of all security and safety related patrol services to minimize liability by means of risk management to provide a safe and secure campus. This includes maintaining the OSHA required hazard communication written plan and serving as the Hazard Communication Coordinator when dealing with issues related to hazardous waste training, management and removal.
- Responsible for developing an OSHA compliance plan and manual.
- Responsible for the day-to-day patrol operations of the Department of Security and Safety to ensure that all reporting staff are conducting themselves in a manner consistent with delivering excellent service, as well as complying with all institutional and departmental policies and procedures.
- Responsible for the direct hiring of all departmental personnel, including compliance with, and maintaining of all training and guard registration records.
- On-call 24 hours a day to respond to the campus for crisis incidents that require his/her presence. Assumes the role of Emergency Management Coordinator or advisor for the institutions in dealing with a significant emergency on campus and/or when a state of emergency has been declared in the surrounding area. Responsible for the maintenance and implementation of the Emergency Management Disaster/Crisis Plan.
- Responsible for managing the Academy’s 911 call system.
- Responsible for chairing the Academy Safety and Security Committee and developing safety programs for institution employees and students.
- Provides confidential investigative and security support services in dealing with a variety of departmental and institution-wide personnel issues.
- Serves as the principal spokesperson for the Academy on safety and security related issues or incidents and maintains cooperative and mutual aid relationships with a variety of surrounding security, law enforcement and emergency response agencies. Coordinates with the Director of Communications on public information and media requests following an emergency. Work collaboratively with designated personnel for each of the customers served by the department.
- Responsible for the implementation and enforcement of a comprehensive parking management plan.
- Management of Academy, Cairncrest and Bryn Athyn church key systems, electronic access systems and security cameras
- Safety Equipment/systems review, inspection, and order of equipment
Bryn Athyn College
Coordinate with the Dean of Students concerning disciplinary action that results in student sanctions, up to and including expulsion.
- Work with the Dean of Students to establish uniform enforcement of sanctions for violators of all BAC security policies and procedures.
- Develop and Manage the BAC Campus Safety program annual budget.
- Plan, continue, and evaluate emergency response and safety drills on a consistent basis, including with outside first responder agencies.
- Create and issue ID cards; track usage; turn card/key access on and off as needed based on College calendar and/or operational need.
- Represent the Public Safety Department for informational college meetings such as student orientations, residence assistant training, and media relations.
Supervisory Responsibilities Section:
Supervises the work of all security officers and part-time staff. Works closely with the Bryn Athyn Police Department and security/police agencies.
- BS degree in Criminal Justice or related field, or equivalent combination of training and experience;
- Valid driver’s license;
- At least five years of progressively responsible supervisory experience;
- Experience in planning, personnel management and budgeting;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills to effectively deal with diverse internal and external communities;
- Experience in higher education public safety and/or a good understanding of federal laws such as the CLERY Act, Title IX, HIPPA, etc.
- Broad understanding of workplace safety and all applicable federal, state and local laws pertaining to same (OSHA standards, fire safety, hazardous waste, etc.).
Relationships (List internal and external sources):
Internal – Deal with all aspects of the campus community, ranging from the CEO’s of each organization to individual students, on a regular basis regarding issues of safety, security, parking, special event planning, and crisis incident response. Chair and serve on numerous campus committees that may impact security and safety operations.
External – Maintain close working relationships with all local law enforcement and emergency service agencies and surrounding organizations. May serve as campus spokesperson to media during crisis situations.
To apply, email a letter of application and resume, referencing position to Joe Weiss, Director of Human Resources, at gro.c1529809275g-cna1529809275@sboj1529809275.
Bryn Athyn College has an opening for Housing Database/Social Media Specialist & Residence Hall Manager. This is a 10-month, part-time position (10-15 hours a week) that has evening and weekend hours and requires living in an on-campus apartment provided by the College during the academic year. For 1-4 residence halls that house up to 40 students, responsibilities include: building and maintaining records in the housing database, managing the facility, enforcing policies, and creating an environment of academic achievement, personal development, wellness, and safety/security for our residential student population. This position supervises and develops 1-4 undergraduate Resident Assistants. Requirements include a Bachelor’s degree in a related field, employment at Bryn Athyn College plus 1 year of student or residence life experience (including staff supervision, crisis management, facilities management, policy enforcement, and community engagement) and experience building and maintaining housing software programs, assessment, and social media content management. Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter, resume, and list of professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org by 6/11/18.
New Hire Forms:
- Employee Data Form
- Local Resident Tax Certification
- CBY Background Check Form
- Website Bio Form
Our employees are a vital part of the College community, contributing to the growth and success of the College. Thank you for your interest in Bryn Athyn College. If you have any questions, please contact us at 267-502-6038 or email email@example.com.