Our advising program is part of the personalized educational experience you’ll find at Bryn Athyn College. Our advisors do more than just sign off on your course registration. They will take time to get to know you, your strengths, your goals, and even your life outside the classroom. You’ll meet regularly one-on-one with your advisor, who will ask questions about your goals, offer suggestions, and challenge you to explore your potential.
As an incoming student, you’ll begin with a dedicated staff advisor. Your first year advisor will work with you to explore the various offerings at Bryn Athyn College, and to help you choose an area of study best suited to your interests and abilities. Once you’ve selected a major, you’ll be connected to a to faculty advisor in your area of study. Your faculty advisor will support you in designing and pursuing a course of study tailored to your career choices and life goals.
Your advisor can help by:
- Assisting you in clarifying your career/life goals
- Working together to make decisions about your course of study, possible internships, service, and study abroad
- Facilitating communication with other campus departments and other individuals involved in your education
- Monitoring your academic progress
- Providing information about educational options, requirements, policies, and procedures
What’s your role?
- Communicate with and get to know your academic advisor, meeting at least once per term to register for the next term
- Tell your advisor about any academic concerns
- Become familiar with academic requirements, procedures, policies, and course offerings
- Take responsibility for your academic choices
Meet Your Advising Staff
Head of Academic Advising
Pendleton Hall 21