Career Education and Development
The Office of Career Education and Development at Bryn Athyn College helps students identify, create, and pursue meaningful careers that will draw upon their talents, interests, and skills, as well as hone their spiritual and moral lives. We assist students in portfolio preparation, internship placements, career counseling, and job searches.
Members of our Career Education and Development team include:
The College offers a variety of events throughout the year to help prepare students for success in the workplace. (Be sure to check back periodically for new events that have been added.)
Career Education and Development Calendar
- Thursday, 8/29 SEP Job Fair, Brickman Great Hall, 11:30-1:00 pm
- BAC students are invited to the annual SEP Job Fair to learn of on-campus employment opportunities directly from the supervisors Job seekers can submit an application and resume at the fair and be interviewed on the spot!
- Tuesday 9/17 Career Connections Program 1, Brickman Auxiliary Dining Room, 12:30-1:30 pm
- Julian Winston, Associate Retirement Plan Specialist with BPAS Fiduciary Services, describes how his college studies in biology, history and Spanish led him to a career in Finance.
- Tuesday 10/15 Graduate School Application Info Session, Brickman Auxiliary Dining Room, 5:30-6:30 pm
- Learn key details for any type of grad school application and get a sample timeline for applying to grad school. Info on writing your essay, asking for letters of recommendation, and when to take the GRE, LSAT or MCAT will also be available. (Laura Nash – facilitator)
- Thursday 10/17 Career Day: Majors and More, Brickman Great Hall and Cafeteria, 10:30-3:00
- Students have the invaluable opportunity to hear from a guest speaker and network with professionals whose college studies paralleled a major offered @ BAC; and explore one’s professional strengths. Learn about the interesting paths a career can take!
- Wednesday 11/6 Career Connections Program 2, Brickman Auxiliary Dining Room, 5:00-6:00
- Manoj Manoharan, Director of Product Management with Comcast Business, describes his journey from his studies in economics and business to a career in the telecommunications industry.
- Thursday 12/5 Job Fair Etiquette, Brickman Auxiliary Dining Room, 5:30-6:30 pm
- Former Holy Family University Career Center Director Don Brom provides tips to help students be successful at Job Fairs.
- Wednesday 1/22 Inclusion in the Workplace (details to follow)
- Friday 2/14 Career Connections Program 3: Love your Future, (Location, time TBA)
- Christy J. Monaharan, LPC, NCC, shares her story with those considering a career as a mental health professional. Christy has been a Crisis Counselor, a Psychotherapist and a Licensed Professional Counselor.
- Wednesday 3/11 Money Management for the Young Professional, Brickman Auxiliary Dining Room, 5:30-6:30 pm
- Margaret Bachelor, EdD – Director of Continuing Education at Penn State Brandywine reviews financial literacy topics and a budgeting template for those of us about to enter the full-time workforce.
- Thursday 3/19 Mock Interviews, Brickman Great Hall, 6:30-8:30 PM
- Regional business professionals offer students practice interviews with on-the-spot feedback.
- Tuesday 4/28 On the Road Again, Brickman Auxiliary Dining Room, 12:30-1:30
- Susan Schoenig, former Implementation Specialist with ADP, describes the ups and downs of choosing a career that requires heavy travel.
- Monday 5/4 “Always in Motion is the Future” (Yoda), Pendleton Hall Auditorium, 11:00-12:00
- Guest speaker describes telecommuting perks and pitfalls.
- TBA Senior Capstone Reception – College Center, time TBA
- BAC seniors share their year-long senior research in a topic area with the public. (Research is a requirement of all BAC graduates.) Students use a visual format to display their findings for their families, fellow students, faculty, staff, and community members.