We’re Connected in Fall 2020
You may be wondering what to expect for upcoming classes, or how to best prepare for a great experience at Bryn Athyn College. If so, we’ve got you covered. Our Fall 2020 plan focuses on helping you maintain those close personal connections that are so essential here at Bryn Athyn College, while doing our best to preserve your health and safety.
WHAT WORKS FOR YOU:
When our campus and classes open in September, you can choose from in-person only and online-only classes as well as combinations such as hyflex (you choose if you want to take the course in person or remotely) and hybrid (combo of hyflex and online). View the full list of courses to find out which courses will be online only, in-person only, hybrid, or hyflex.
Here’s what these options look like:
In-Person Classroom Experience
- All classes are available to you. Plus, most of your classrooms will have a big screen and rotating camera so you can see and interact with your remote classmates.
- You will wear a mask to class, keep a 6-foot distance in classrooms/public spaces, complete a short health screening each day, and get a list of guidelines about when to stay home and attend online. And don’t worry, if you start the term in-person, but change your mind, you can always make a request later to switch to remote attendance. See the COVID-19 Update page for more information about testing requirements and screening links.
Remote Classroom Experience
- You will participate in classes remotely, using your computer’s audio and video.
- All classes are available to you except those that involve in-person requirements, such as some science or art labs or education field work.
- You’ll need:
- A computer that allows you to attend remotely. See Computer Requirementsopens in a new window
- A location from which you feel comfortable sharing your audio/video
- A class schedule that works for you/your time zone.
Student To Do List:
- Get your required textbooks for each class ASAP (https://brynathyn.edu/student-life/campus-services/book-store/opens in a new window)
- Complete this very short Attendance Intention Form by August 15: Attendance Intention Formopens in a new window.
- Watch short videos about Moodle, Teams, and online learning.
We will send students links to these videos by August 24.
Of course, in these very strange times, you never know if things may change. Just know that no matter what, we’re here for you and will help you navigate any surprising or unexpected circumstances.
For help in deciding whether to choose remote or in-person attendance, feel free to reach out your advisor or to Dean Closterman at 267-502-4849 (email@example.com)opens in a new window or Dean Cooper (firstname.lastname@example.org)opens in a new window.For any tech questions, the HelpDesk at Helpdesk@anc-gc.orgopens in a new window will make sure that your computer is ready to go.
Whether we’ll see your lovely masked face in our halls this fall, or whether you’ll be streaming in from your living room couch, we are very much looking forward to being in community with you this fall!