We believe in rewarding academic achievement. Merit scholarships are awarded to qualified applicants upon review of the application for admission. Each student is individually reviewed for merit scholarships. Each student is eligible for only one merit scholarship.
|2021-2022 Merit Scholarships|
- Scholarships are awarded based upon the student’s cumulative high school record, including overall weighted GPA and strength of academic course selection. We recalculate GPA’s on a standard 4.0 grading scale, with added weight for honors and AP/IB courses.
- For the fall of 2021, SAT and ACT scores are not required for scholarship consideration. Test-optional applicants are given full consideration for scholarships.
- We typically begin awarding at a weighted GPA of 2.75. The stronger the combination of academic records and other supporting credentials, the higher the scholarship.
- Scholarships are awarded based upon the student’s cumulative GPA from all colleges attended, the quality of courses, and the number of college credits completed.
- For full consideration, apply before our priority application deadline, February 1. We will continue to award scholarships after this deadline as funds allow.
- Merit Scholarship amounts are effective for students who begin attending BAC during the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
- Scholarships are renewable for up to four years of full-time undergraduate study, provided the recipient maintains an acceptable Bryn Athyn College cumulative GPA.
- A student eligible for tuition remission employee benefits who also qualifies for a merit scholarship will receive an adjusted amount of his/her merit award.
Scholarships can be applied to tuition and fees only. Full time enrollment is required.
BAC Faith-Based Grants and Scholarships
- New Church Grant
$3,000 per year. The New Church Grant is a yearly tuition discount for students who are baptized into or who have a parent who is a member of one of the three recognized New Church organizations. In order to receive the New Church Grant, submit a New Church Grant Request Formopens in a new window online. Award is reduced by half if a student receives a merit award.
- New Church Challenge Grant
New Church Challenge is excited to announce a new scholarship opportunity for New Church teachers interested in enrolling in the Bryn Athyn College’s master of Science in Special Education program. We are offering a $1,000 tuition grant to each qualified applicant who desires to better support students with learning differences in their classrooms. Through usage of our Differentiation Fund, we are delighted to further our mission and support New Church communities in this tangible way. Requirements and the application form are on the New Church Challenge website.
- Faith Education Grant:
Available to students who are graduates of faith-based secondary schools: $2,700 per year is awarded to students who do not qualify for other merit scholarships, . Students receiving other merit scholarships from Bryn Athyn College will receive a $1000 per-year award.
Theta Alpha International College Scholarship
This is an annual award for women who value a New Church higher education and who plan to attend Bryn Athyn College of the New Church. There are three (3) separate, annual scholarship awards available – two for $2,000 and one for $1,000. They may be used toward tuition, fees, and/or on-campus room and board. The award is granted for one year and will be paid directly to the college. Students who receive the award may reapply in subsequent years.
Please fill out the application for The Theta Alpha International College Scholarshipopens in a new window and for more information, view The Theta Alpha International College Scholarship Overview (PDF)opens in a new window.
Theta Alpha International Education Scholarship
Women who have been accepted to or are enrolled at Bryn Athyn College of the New Church, who desire to become New Church teachers and plan to pursue education as a major, minor, or as part of an Interdisciplinary Degree, are eligible to apply for this award. A scholarship award of $2,100 is granted to up to two recipients annually. One award is granted to a student who is new to Bryn Athyn College of the New Church (incoming freshman or transfer student), and one award is granted to a student who is currently enrolled at Bryn Athyn College.
Please fill out the application for The Theta Alpha International Education Scholarshipopens in a new window and for more information, view The Theta Alpha International Education Scholarship Overview (PDF)opens in a new window.
- Nobre Computer Science/Math Scholarship
The Nobre Computer Science/Math Scholarship is available to a Bryn Athyn College Junior or Senior in the Interdisciplinary Degree major (Math or Computer Science area). Candidates are selected based on academic merit at the end of the Sophomore or Junior year. The $2,000 annual award may be received for up to 2 consecutive years. Funding for this scholarship is provided by Nobre Computer Services.
- UPS Scholarship
United Parcel Service Foundation Scholarships are provided through the Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP) to provide opportunities for disadvantaged students. The scholarship is worth up to $2,400 annually to a full-time student and is awarded based on academic merit. Selection(s) are made in March.
- Commonwealth Good Citizen Scholarship
The Association of Independent Colleges and Universities of Pennsylvania (AICUP) considers nominations from member institutions for the Good Citizen Scholarship. The applicant must be a full time undergraduate student with an extraordinary commitment to community service and who has demonstrated creativity in shaping his/her volunteer activities. Applications are submitted to AICUP in April.
Community Sourced Grants and Scholarships
The Oak Arbor Scholarship is for any student who is a member of, or in some way affiliated with, the Oak Arbor Church community. Selected students may receive up to $2,100 annually ($700/semester). Alternate sources of aid or support will be taken into account to determine award eligibility. The number of awards given annually may be capped. Contact Ashley McCarrie, Assistant Director of Financial Aid, for more information.
The Doering Fund Grant is offered to male Canadian students who meet certain eligibility requirements. Contact Rev. Jim Cooper for additional information.
The Southeast District Grant is offered to students whose permanent residence is in one of the states included in the United States Southeast District, and who meet certain eligibility requirements. This geographical area is considered to be south of the Mason Dixon line and east of the Mississippi river (see map to the right). If you have questions or wish to apply, please contact the Southeast District Fund Committee at 11914 Chantilly Lane, Mitchellville, MD 20721 or email Barryanderin@Verizon.netopens in a new window for additional information.
Some New Church societies offer private scholarships to students who are members of that congregation. Interested students should contact their society’s treasurer.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Don’t Stop There!
You may be able to bring outside scholarships to Bryn Athyn, even if you’ve received a Bryn Athyn merit award. The sites below are very good resources for finding additional scholarships:
- www.finaid.comopens in a new window
- www.fastweb.comopens in a new window*
- www.collegeboard.orgopens in a new window
* This is a commercial site, and may have unsolicited pop-ups and other ads.