Matthew Kennedy joined Bryn Athyn College in July of 2010 as the College’s first Director of Athletics. In just five years, he successfully launched 13 varsity sports and navigated the athletic department through the NCAA Division III membership process. Kennedy has been working in college athletics for the past fifteen years as both a coach and an administrator, and he came to Bryn Athyn with experience working at both Neumann University of Aston, PA and Quinnipiac University of Hamden, CT. As the Assistant Athletic Director at Neumann University, Kennedy aided that department through major projects and initiatives.
Kennedy also had a successful hockey coaching career at Neumann and Quinnipiac Universities. Kennedy retired from coaching as Neumann University’s all time leader in wins and finished 15th on the NCAA’s winning percentage list. He took a program that was winless to a national powerhouse in a few short years, placing the hockey program for a total of 34 weeks in the nation’s top 10 list. They were ranked as high as 7th in the country during his time as coach.
- M.S., Neumann University
- B.S., Neumann University
- Member of multiple national and regional committees
- Administrator at the NCAA Division I men’s Hockey Frozen Four
- Member of the task force for the AWHCA
- Chaired the coaching body of the ECAC West Hockey League (2007-2010)
- Chaired Colonial States Athletic Conference gold committee for two years
- Retired from coaching at Neumann University as their all-time leader in wins, finishing 15th on the NCAA’s wining percentage list
- Helped place Neumann’s hockey program on the nation’s top 10 list for a total of 34 weeks
- Brought Neumann’s hockey program to rank 7th in the country
Areas of Expertise/Interest