Carol is responsible for planning, implementation, management, and evaluation of all library services in support of the college mission. She represents the library on campus, and more broadly in academic and professional library organizations throughout the scholarly world.
She is passionate about learning, inquiry, and exploration, and envisions the library as the center of intellectual life on campus. Outside of the library, Carol is developing her work as a photographer and painter.
- Master of Library and Information Sciences, University of Pittsburgh
- B.A., Pennsylvania State University
- 1980-present: Artwork has appeared in a number of local and regional exhibits and shows
- 2005: Beta Phi Mu: International Library and Information Studies Honor Society
Areas of Expertise/Interest
- Comprehensive library collection management of physical and electronic resources and their associated metadata
- Information literacy tools and teaching
- The meaning of “place”: how perception and language influence our experiences of the environment; how fostering awareness of the natural world, and creating and maintaining a sense of wonder and curiosity promote a desire for and practice of good stewardship