Career Education and Development – Links & Resources
Experiential Learning through Bryn Athyn College
One of the best ways to introduce yourself to the professional workplace is to participate in Bryn Athyn College’s Experiential Learning program. Through an internship offering experiential learning, you can get real-world learning and experience at a company in the area, which will help build your resume and create lifelong opportunities in your anticipated career path.
Bryn Athyn College Job Board
BAC now offers an online job board where students and alumni can search from anywhere, 24-7, for full and part-time employment. Job seekers are asked to apply for positions directly with the employer by following the application instructions in the posting.
- The Men’s & Boys Store, 10 Fetters Mill Square, Huntingdon Valley, PA 19006
The Men’s & Boys Store is in need of several part-time sales people who will also do some social media advertising. Sat and Sunday day-time hours and Wed evening hours available. Training provided. Former sales/customer service experience helpful; outgoing personality important! Hourly rate based on experience. To apply, call Bonnie Greisler at 215 914-2060.
- Bethayres Dairy Queen, Bethayres Shopping Center @ 622 Welsh Rd, Huntingdon Valley
Dairy Queen is in need of part-time team members who have some M-F daytime (along w/evening & weekend) availability. Hours can be flexible but don’t start until 11:00 am each day. Job responsibilities include waiting on customers, making ice cream cakes and novelties, and other tasks associated with working in an ice cream establishment. Pay is negotiable depending on experience. It’s a fun business, and this Dairy Queen is open year round! Contact Kate Treacy to apply:[email protected] / 215-803-6023.
- Huntingdon Place Condominiums, 700 Welsh Rd, Huntingdon Valley, PA
Part-time jobs available to do light cleaning (mostly vacuuming hallways) on Monday, Wednesday and Friday mornings. Hourly rate is $12. Call Kathy Keebler for more information or to apply: 215-593-6973.
- Monty’s Sandwich Shop:·354 2nd Street Pike, Southampton, PA
PT employees needed to make sandwiches, work the register, prep food, use the grill/panini maker, and general maintenance. Positive attitude and good customer service skills required; prior restaurant experience helpful but not needed; training will be provided. Flexibility in scheduling. Call or text Michael Schreiber with questions or to apply: 610-716-5541.
- Grow & Learn Education Center, 250 Geiger Rd, Philadelphia (approximately 2 miles from BAC)
Seeking PT teacher’s aides for afternoon & after school assignments – workers must be 18 or older. Center can be somewhat flexible in scheduling. Contact Lana Mokilev to apply or with questions, @ any time: 215-300-6135 – or the center’s office phone during weekdays: 215-904-6277.
(The College’s Office of Career Education and Development does not specifically endorse any listed employer or employment opportunity; the Job Board is solely an information source for open positions that have been brought to our attention. While Career Education and Development team members are available to provide job search guidance, job seekers are encouraged to explore employment opportunities and employers through networking and research.)
BAC Alumni Career Resources:
Visit our Alumni Career Resources page to learn more about cover letter and resume reviews, practice interviews, networking, and our Lifelong Learning Program.
The O*Net Interest Profile is a brief free vocational assessment from the US Department of Labor that helps users identify which careers best match their interests. Click here to check it out!
Federal Government Career Resource Links
- Federal Government Hiring Home Page
- Federal Government Hiring Toolkit
- Job Seekers Applicant Tools & Resources
- Writing Your Federal Government Resume: With a Resume Writing Video
- How to Conduct a Successful Federal Government Interview
- Structural Interviews: A Practical Guide
- Careers: Federal Occupations Toolkit
Grad School Information
- https://www.ets.org/greopens in a new window
- https://www.petersons.com/graduate-schoolsopens in a new window
- http://idealistgradschool.org/learn-about-grad-schoolopens in a new window
- https://www.gradschools.comopens in a new window
If you need further help in identifying what major or career you would like to pursue, contact Renee L. Rosenfeld, Director of Human Resources ([email protected]; 267-502-6038) or Laura Nash, Head of Experiential Learning ([email protected]; 267-502-2412) or your Advisor.