Academy of the New Church Archives
The Academy of the New Church Archives at Bryn Athyn College, located on the lower level of the Swedenborg Library, houses approximately 1,500 linear feet of records and manuscripts related to the history of the New Church and Swedenborgian movements in the United States as well as the settlement of the Bryn Athyn Community.
|Tuesday – Thursday, 8:00 am to 12:00 pm, or by appointment.|
About Our Collections
The Archives also house collections detailing the history of the New Church (including its previous forms), the community of Bryn Athyn, and prominent members of the New Church and the Bryn Athyn Community. During regular hours of operation there is an Archives staff member on duty to assist you in locating material for research. In addition, it may be possible to make an appointment to visit the Archives outside these hours. Contact the Archivist to make arrangements.
Searching the Archives Catalog
The Archives catalog can be accessed by using the “Search” link on this page, which will take you to ArchivesSpace, our digital finding aid. Entering a search term in the box will return a list of the various places in which the term can be found.
These could include:
- Accessionsopens in a new window (papers or collections that have been received by the Archives)
- Resourcesopens in a new window (various collections of personal papers or records cataloged by the Archives)
- Archival Objectopens in a new window (an individual item or set of items in a collection)
- Personopens in a new window (a record describing an individual)
- Digital Objectopens in a new window (a link to an object that exists in digital form or has a digital copy)
Clicking on any item in the list will take you to that record. You can filter the results by using the menu on the left margin.