The Swedenborg Library subscribes to a number of electronic resources to aid students, faculty and patrons in their research and education. This gives Bryn Athyn students access to a number of academic databases through the campus network.
For resources that require log-in information, please contact the Library circulation desk.
- Credo opens in a new window – an online library that provides access to the full text of hundreds of highly regarded and popular reference titles. Entries are enhanced with images, sound files, animations and videos
- Credo Contemporary Issues and Controversies Collection — covers a number of topics relevant to daily events.
- EBSCO Business Resourcesopens in a new window – includes Business Source Premier, Regional Business News, and Business eBooks
- EBSCO eBooksopens in a new window – ebooks on a wide range of topics
- Encyclopedia Britannicaopens in a new window – a multimedia encyclopedia and dictionary
- Facts on File News Servicesopens in a new window – full text of the Facts On File World News Digest since 1940
- INFOTRACopens in a new window – provides access to two collections: Eighteenth Century Collections Online, a full text database of books, sermons, essays, and other works published in the 18th century, and Academic OneFile, which includes citations, abstracts, and full text of English and foreign-language works in the subjects of philosophy, science, medicine, religion, the arts, history, geography, and law
- JSTORopens in a new window – collection of academic journals
- PsycARTICLESopens in a new window – full text of nearly 80 landmark journals in behavioral science and related fields ranging from education, to nursing, to business, to neuroscience. | For a tutorial on how to use this resource, click hereopens in a new window
- Science Direct Health and Life Sciencesopens in a new window – access to books and journal articles in the biological sciences
- Statista – find statistics, consumer survey results and industry studies from over 18000 sources on over 60000 topics on the internet’s leading statistics database.
- WSJ Online – access to content from the Wall Street Journal through ProQuest
- Wilson Art Full Textopens in a new window – full-text coverage of art journals from 1984 to the present
- Birds of North America (BNA)opens in a new window – a multimedia database that provides complete life histories for 716+ species of birds breeding in the United States and Canada
Bryn Athyn’s online Moodle site allows students to access power points, class notes, and other course materials. The site can be accessed at http://brynathynonline.org/opens in a new window.
Director of the Swedenborg Library