Title IX: Sexual Misconduct
To File a Report
Bryn Athyn College is committed to providing options, support and assistance to victims/ survivors of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and/or stalking to ensure that they can continue to participate in college-wide and campus programs, activities, and employment.
You have the option to use the online reporting tool or calling the reporting line. Both have the option to maintain anonymity. If this is an medical emergency, please contact 911 immediately.
Title IX Coordinator Office Number: 267-502-6077
What is the Title IX Definition?
Sex discrimination is prohibited by Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972,
a federal law that provides that: No person in the United States shall, on the basis
of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected
to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial
What is Sexual Misconduct?
Sexual misconduct or sexual harassment is any unwelcome sexual advance, request for sexual favors, or other unwanted verbal or physical conduct of a sexual nature when one or more of the following conditions are present:
- Submission to or rejection of such conduct is an explicit or implicit condition of an individual’s employment, evaluation of academic work, or any aspect of a College program or activity
- Submission to or rejection of such conduct by an individual is used as the basis for decisions affecting the individual
- Such conduct has the purpose or effect of unreasonably interfering with an individual’s work or academic performance, i.e. it is sufficiently serious, pervasive, or persistent as to create an intimidating, hostile, humiliating, demeaning, or sexually offensive working, academic, residential, or social environment under both an objective and subjective standard
Sexual misconduct includes sexual assault, physical assault, bullying and intimidation, stalking, and intimate partner violence.
What is Bryn Athyn College’s Position on Title IX?
The College expressly prohibits any form of discrimination and harassment on the basis of any College-recognized protected classification, including sex, race, color, age, religion, national or ethnic origin, or disability in any decision regarding admissions, employment, or involvement in a College program or activity in accordance with the letter and spirit of federal, state, and local non-discrimination and equal opportunity laws, such as titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, The Americans with Disabilities Act and ADA Amendments Act. This policy addresses all forms of sexual discrimination, including sexual assault and harassment. Bryn Athyn College does not discriminate on the basis of sex in its educational, extracurricular, athletic, or other programs or in the context of admissions or employment.
Bryn Athyn College, as an educational community, will promptly and equitably respond to all reports of sexual assault and harassment in order to eliminate the harassment, prevent its recurrence, and address its effects on any individual or the community.
Title IX Team Members
|Interim Title IX Coordinator||Scott Jones
Director of Student Health and Wellness
|Deputy Title IX Coordinator||Hannah Simons
Senior Executive Assistant to the President
Director of Public Safety
Deputy Chief of Security and Safety
Dean of Faculty
Secretary/General Counsel for Academy of the New Church
Dean of Students
Director of Athletics
Completed Team Training
Contact the Title IX Coordinator for access to specific sessions
- 7/22: “Title IX University: Title IX 101” and Title IX Coordinator (online course)
Presenter Courtney Bullard, ICS Founder; produced by ICS (Institutional Compliance Solutions) Participant: Coordinator and Deputy Coordinator
- 8/22: “Title IX 101” and “Title IX Investigator, Level 1” (online course) Presenter Courtney Bullard, ICS Founder; produced by ICS (Institutional Compliance Solutions) Participant: Investigator
- 8/22: “Title IX Decision Maker, Level 1” (ICS online course) (online course) Presenter Courtney Bullard, ICS Founder; produced by ICS (Institutional Compliance Solutions) Participant: Decision Maker