Student Employment Opportunities
Student Employment Opportunities
Bryn Athyn College’s mission of the Student Employment Program (SEP) is to provide students with meaningful work experiences that build practical skills particular to a certain function and general skills such as punctuality, discipline, honesty, thoroughness, teamwork, and problem solving. This experiential education is a key aspect of a student’s educational experience.
The Academic Success Center is recruiting tutors for the 2023-2024 Academic year. See below for details:
A Tutor is responsible for providing students with individualized assistance to help them learn new concepts and complete assignments.
Tutors are responsible for leading one-on-one or small group lessons that cater to the needs and goals of their students. They often have the following other responsibilities:
Reviewing classroom or curricula topics and assignments
Assisting students with homework, projects, test preparation, papers, research, and other academic tasks
Working with students to help them understand key concepts, especially those learned in the classroom.
Teaching skills to improve academic performance, including study strategies, note-taking skills, and approaches to answering test questions.
Demonstrating academic best practices for specific subjects and assignments, including research, and writing tactics
Providing students positive and constructive feedback
Offering feedback on progress to students’ parents and teachers where appropriate
Building meaningful connections with students from diverse backgrounds
Instructing students both in person and over video chat
Diagnosing student needs through active listening techniques and questioning strategies
In addition, tutors are asked to help with the Long Night Against Procrastination events and any other activities sponsored by the Academic Success Center.
Salary starts at $11 per hour, based on experience.
Athletic Dept Game Day Workers
The Department of Athletics at Bryn Athyn College is looking for highly motivated student workers to assist the Athletic Department with game day operations. The work will range from set up to breakdown for game days, putting away equipment, cleaning up the athletic venues, assisting the table, multimedia production, and live stat crew. Game Day Workers assist in set-up, operation, and tear down of athletic events during the fall, winter and spring sport seasons. Duties include, but are not limited to: setting up field or court for games, providing assistance during contest in areas such as concessions, ticket operations, sport-specific activities (i.e. ball shagging, equipment operations), post-game tear down, clean up and securing of equipment, assistance with activities before, during or immediately following contests, and routine clean-up of athletic venues. Punctuality and attention to detail are critical; duties may involve lifting up to 50 lbs and working in warm or cold outdoor temperatures; hours vary based on home game days for fall, winter, and spring and are based on scheduled contest. Hours usually occur M-Fr between 3:00 pm and 11:00 pm and Saturdays between 8:00 am and 11:00 pm.
To apply, submit an SEP application with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.
Bryn Athyn College's mission of the student employment program is to provide students with meaningful work experiences that build specific hospitality related skills: customer service, retail, food prep, culinary skills, and general job skills such as punctuality, honesty, teamwork, and problem solving. This experiential education is a key aspect of a students educational experience.
SAGE seeks food service workers to join the team, to work side by side with dedicated chefs and culinary talent who appreciate the importance of preparing and serving a great meal together. The following duties and responsibilities required of this role include:
- Front of the House: Setup, Restock, and Open Stations, on the: Main line, Fruit bar, Cereal, Beverage, Deli, and or Pizza, and Dessert Station. Serving at a station during the meal, breaking down station after the meal, refilling, wrapping, placing day dots on items, and storing food until next service. Clean wells and wipe down the serving line. Other duties: wipe down tables, refill napkins, refill salt & pepper shakers, sweep the front and back of serving lines.
- Back of the House: Operate the dish room, learn how to set-up, and operate the dish machine, run dishes through the dish machine, restock the dishes, after all meals. Breakdown and clean the dish machine at the end of the service, pull the trash, sweep and mop the dish room area. Other duties helping out in the back of the house (kitchen) with odd jobs include: refilling milk, ice cream, juice machine, ice, stocking food, and assist with putting away orders.
- Food Service Prep- Students will work side by side with chefs!!! They will operate their own station.
- Pizza Station-Students will learn how to make pizza's, cheese, pepperoni, and the special of the day,
- Grill Station- Learning how to cook on the grill and flat top!!! Prepare hamburgers, grilled cheese, veggie burgers, specials, and french fries. Prep work for the condiments station, cutting tomatoes, lettuce, onions, and all the sides to go with the station. Restocking bread and hamburger rolls.
- Student Lead- Manages other student workers. Responsible for open or close of the Brickman or High School Dining Halls. Snow and Inclement weather temporary manager - the student would open the dining all, turn on the lights, start coffee, place out pastries, fruit bar, bagel station, until a Sage employee comes in. Other duties may include: cashier, some food prep, fruit bar, and baking or making cookies, jello, and pudding.
The Sage Uniform Policy: Student must wear closed toe shoes, pants, hair must be back. Sage will provide shirts.
Must be a student of Bryn Athyn College, and in good academic standing. Applicants should have great customer service skills, Sage will work with students’ schedules and give time off for the athletics. We need lots of students that can work a variety of shifts - all shifts, breakfast, lunch, dinner, and weekends. Not a morning person? -then only work at night. Early bird? -become our morning superstar. Students must be dependable, and have the ability to follow instructions, and display a sense of professionalism at all times while on duty.
Perks: Free meal during your shifts
Interested applicants should send a student application, with a currant resume to Debra Pierce at email@example.com.
Gardening is a fun, wholesome, rejuvenating and a spiritual experience for many. On the Bryn Athyn College Garden Crew, we work with sustainable practices while enhancing the aesthetic beauty of the campus. We approach gardening holistically, and thus your experience on the crew will be well rounded. We plant, weed, and maintain the flower and vegetable production gardens on the college campus. This is an outdoor job and the crew will work in the heat and cold, get dirty, work around bees, and various plant material. The work can range from detail oriented work such as weeding and tending beds to heavy work such as using weed whackers and mulching. You will want to wear clothes that are appropriate for such work (closed toe and heel shoes). If hired, bring plenty of water to keep hydrated, even when it’s colder. This is seasonal work (spring through autumn; summer work is available to local students).
- 5-10 hours/wk, mornings, March through November (summer work is available to local students)
- Punctuality, ability to stay on task, work with integrity, and complete given tasks with efficiency and quality; take initiative and pride in your work
- Keep track of tools, use them safely and appropriately, and return them when done
- Report any damage to the tools, equipment, or gardens to the supervisor
- Dress appropriately (closed shoes, shorts must come to mid-thigh or longer, shirts w/sleeves must be worn)
- Give supervisor 48 hours notice by text, call, or in person if you will miss a shift
- Keep on top of your academic work; it is your responsibility to balance employment with your school assignments
Interested applicants are invited to complete an SEP application (attached) and submit it with a current resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .
TITLE: Digital Collections Assistant
REPORTS TO: New Church Digital Collections Supervisor
Ten hours a week
$10 an hour
The Digital Collections Assistant is responsible for scanning and preparing material for the Swedenborg Library New Church Digital Collections.
Line of Report
The Digital Collections Assistant reports directly to the New Church Digital Collections Supervisor
Specific Responsibilities & Essential Functions
· Scans and formats material for the Digital Collections
· Corrects errors in text generated by optical character recognition software
Criteria & Qualifications
Currently enrolled as a student of Bryn Athyn College in good academic standing
Ability to follow instructions with a good work ethic
Motivated to work independently and complete projects in a timely fashion with limited supervision
Technical Skills Required:
Comfortable with extensive computer usage
Specific training provided
To apply pleasse complete the SEP Application below.
POSITION: Student Ambassador
WHEN: Weekdays, some weekends and evenings
Reports To: Leah Fisher
Position Start/End Dates: September 2022, May 2023, available summer hours and rehiring for the following school year.
Evaluation Procedure and Schedule: Yearly evaluations (Job usually spans their college career)
Bryn Athyn College’s mission of the student employment program is to provide students with meaningful work experiences that build practical skills particular to a certain function and general skills such as punctuality, discipline, honesty, thoroughness, teamwork, and problem solving. This experiential education is a key aspect of a student’s educational experience.
The Admissions Department seeks enthusiastic and hardworking, students to perform the duties and responsibilities required of this role. Duties include:
- leading campus tours
- working at admissions events on behalf of the Admissions Office
- receiving visitors and phone calls at the front desk
- working on various Admissions projects
- calling prospective students on behalf of Admissions for a variety of purposes including inviting students to events, offering to answer questions about the school, confirming their visits, etc.
Student Ambassadors are often the first face prospective students associate with BAC – This is an opportunity to connect with incoming students and help them in their college search process while representing BAC.
Requirements and Qualifications:
Student must be currently enrolled as a student of Bryn Athyn College, be of sophomore standing or above (as of the 2022-2023 school year), and be in good academic standing. Applicants should have strong communication skills and be able to accurately and enthusiastically represent the student body at Bryn Athyn College. Student must be very dependable, have the ability to follow instructions and display a sense of professionalism at all times while on duty.
Note: Some Saturday’s and evenings will be required.
Students new to the College’s Student Employment Program (SEP) are required to complete all employment forms, while students who have worked for BAC previously must complete just a new W-4 and new Residency Certification Form prior to their first day of work each year.
- Student Employment Application
- New SEP workers will be instructed to complete employment forms via online onboarding through our payroll system portal, with the exception of the I-9 form. New SEP workers are required to submit a completed I-9 form and show original ID to the Director of Human Resources as soon as possible after their start date. Acceptable ID is listed on p 3 of the form: I-9 Form
- Student Interview Scorecard – for supervisor use only
SEP workers are a vital part of the College community, contributing to the growth
and success of the College and adding a valuable skill set to their personal wheelhouse.
If you have any questions, please contact us at 267-502-6038 or email email@example.com.
Please contact HR@brynathyn.edu with any questions about this form.