Information for Students
Bryn Athyn College is dedicated to keeping our students and community safe, while still providing high quality education and individual relationships with professors. To that end we must all work together during this unique time, following campus guidelines and virtual protocols.
Daily Screening Forms & Important Links
All students need to fill out the daily symptom screener. Please fill this form out
within an hour of expected arrival to our campus. Resident Students should fill the
form out each morning regardless of having classes or not that day. Everyone coming to campus must take their temperature within one hour of arriving
- CARES Act Information
- Fall Opening Message from the President (8/12/2020)
- Safe Return to Campus- Course Delivery Modes Communication #30 (8/10/2020)
- Safe Return to Campus- Textbooks and Course Fees Communication #29 (8/10/2020)
- Safe Return to Campus-Health Services Communication #28 (8/10/2020)
- Safe Return to Campus Dining Communication #27 (8/6/2020)
- BAC Safe Return to Campus, 2nd Ed. (7/2020)
- Safe Return to Campus Residence Halls Communication #26 (7/31/2020)
- Safe Return to Campus Academics Communication #25 (7/31/2020)
- CSAC Fall Athletics Statement (7/21/2020)
We understand that some are concerned about getting vaccinated against COVID-19. While more COVID-19 vaccines are being developed as quickly as possible, routine processes and procedures remain in place to ensure the safety of all vaccines authorized or approved for use. Safety is a top priority, and there are many reasons to get vaccinated.
COVID-19 Testing Resources
As of 8/10/20, Bryn Athyn will be requiring all students to complete a test fourteen days prior to arriving to campus. Please see Safe Return to Campus-Health Services Communication or more information. Please contact the Student Health and Wellness Services for questions or concerns about PCR Testing.
- Montgomery County Testing Sites
- Pennsylvania Department of Health Testing Site Information
- Lab Corp Instructions
- CVS Quest Instructions
- Community-Based Testing Sites
To protect our community, we are requiring all students to:
- Quarantine for 14 days prior to your arrival to on campus. This means remaining at home to the greatest extent possible before coming to campus. If you go out, please wear a mask and keep 6 feet away from others for your health, and the health of others.
- Complete a COVID-19 PCR test within 14 days of returning to campus.
- New Student Residents & Commuters: September 8th, 2020 (test by August 25th)
- Returning Residents & Commuters: September 9th, 2020 (test by August 26th)
- Bring medical documentation of negative COVID-19 PCR test lab result.
- Resident Students: Present to Residence Life staff at move-in
- Commuting Students: Email Scott.Jones@brynathyn.edu prior to coming to campus.
To accommodate those needing to attend classes online from your own home and those attending instruction in the classroom on campus, BAC is able to offer four modes of courses:
- Hyflex: This is the default mode, and the majority of courses in the curriculum are in this mode. Students can choose to take these courses either in person or synchronously online. (Students can request to switch their chosen attendance mode during the term, if needed.) The online students will be visible on a screen in the classroom where the instructor and the in-person students are, and a camera will make the instructor and classroom visible to the online students.
- In-Person: Most classrooms will have a big screen and rotating camera to see and interact with your remote classmates. Students must wear masks, adhere to 6-foot social distancing in classrooms/public spaces, complete a short health screening each day, and get a list of guidelines about when to stay home and attend online. Requests may be made to switch to remote attendance. Some classes will only be available in-person due to the nature of the curriculum.
- Online: Many courses are offered online with the hyflex model, but some will be offered as online-only and will not have in person meetings.
- Hybrid: These courses will hold some class sessions in hyflex mode and some class sessions online only. For example, a hybrid course might have one hyflex class session a week and one online only class session a week.
Courses that are in-person only, online, or hybrid are marked with these designations in Sonis. If a course does not have a delivery mode marked, it is offered in hyflex, which means that you can take it in person or online. Course modes can be viewed here.
More Academics Communications:
We are looking forward to seeing many of our new and returning students to campus
this fall. As we adjust to the new normal in the world of COVID-19, the residence
life and facilities staff has been working diligently to ensure you have a healthy,
engaged, and safe experience while living on campus. Our team has adjusted and modified
facilities to accommodate social distancing, safe food services protocols, and preserving
as much of the student life community as possible.
We are asking students to work with us to create as safe a learning and living environment as possible. This includes:
- Residents are required to adhere to public health practices including hand washing, social distancing of at least 6 feet apart, proper cough/sneeze etiquette, electronic symptom screening, and temperature checks.
- We will be requiring all students and staff to wear masks in all spaces outside the individual bedrooms except for as needed in bathrooms (shaving, brushing teeth, showering, etc).
- We will not be permitting overnight or external guests in the rooms until further notice. Campus residents may visit each other if proper social distancing is followed. Limit to one non-suite/bedroom occupant to physical suite or traditional style room. All normal guest restrictions/sign in are in effect. The Community Room & Childs Large Lounge will be available for gatherings.
- Even though we are increasing the cleaning in the halls, residents should make efforts to increase cleaning of their own space and show extra care in cleaning up after themselves in public areas and bathrooms.
- Be flexible when expectations must change with evolving guidance from different entities.
See more Resident Life Communications:
The Colonial States Athletic Conference Board of Directors has announced today that the conference shall suspend all intercollegiate competition for the Fall 2020 season. A final decision on the possibility of future intercollegiate competition for fall sports, including the possibility of conducting fall intercollegiate competition in Spring 2021, as well as a plan for intercollegiate competition for winter sports, will be made by the end of September.
We will continue to explore safe training and intra-campus practice opportunities for its member institutions while continuing to be mindful of the rapidly-changing local, regional and national conditions.
More Athletics Communication Links:
Sage Dining Services is committed to serving our community safely. In addition to increased training of all SAGE Dining staff, modifications of facilities and service have been made.
We devised a service flow that will comply with social distancing and allow students to navigate through the servery efficiently. All meals will be served by SAGE Team Members in full PPE compliance with masks & gloves. We have eliminated the use of shared utensils. The floors in the servery will have decals to further instruct and direct the community on social distancing. Also, there will be signage about best practices to use while in the dining hall and servery. Deli paper/gloves will be available for use at any touch points in compliance with health and safety guidelines.
College Grounds & Lions Cafe Changes
For the safety of the campus community, SAGE Dining Services will only be operating the Lions Cafe for the next academic year. The Lion’s Cafe will be serving all the Grounds Cafe breakfast items and Starbucks Beverages (lattes, Frappuccino’s, hot/cold espresso drinks, etc.) in addition to a selection of popular lunch items as part of its modified menu. The Lions Cafe will be operating Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 2:00pm for the Fall Term.
See the full list, including all Response Communications, on the Communications Archive page.