The Swedenborg Library subscribes to a number of electronic resources to support students, faculty and patrons in their research and education.
To access these resources, you will be required to login through OCLC’s EZProxy using your campus username and password. Please contact the Library circulation desk or the BAC Helpdesk if you need assistance.
- Credo – an online library that provides access to the full text of hundreds of highly regarded and popular reference titles. Entries are enhanced with images, sound files, animations and videos.
- Credo Contemporary Issues and Controversies Collection – covers a number of topics relevant to daily events.
- EBSCO Business Resources – includes Business Source Premier, Regional Business News, and Business eBooks.
- EBSCO eBooks – ebooks on a wide range of topics.
- EBSCO Education Full Text – indexed, abstracted, and selected full-text articles from over 1,000 journals in education and related fields.
- Encyclopedia Britannica – a multimedia encyclopedia and dictionary.
- Facts on File News Services – full text of the Facts On File World News Digest since 1940.
- Gale – provides access to two collections: Eighteenth Century Collections Online, a full text database of books, sermons, essays, and other works published in the 18th century, and Academic OneFile, which includes citations, abstracts, and full text of English and foreign-language works in the subjects of philosophy, science, medicine, religion, the arts, history, geography, and law.
- JSTOR – collection of academic journals.
- JoVE science videos Basic Biology Science Education. Free access to: General lab techniques; Basic methods in cellular and molecular
biology; Biology I: Yeast, Drosophila, and C. elegans;
Biology II: Mouse, zebrafish, and chick; Lab animal research; and Lab safety.
- JoVE science videos Chemistry Science Education. Free access to: General chemistry; Organic chemistry; Analytical chemistry; Biochemistry; Organic chemistry II; and Inorganic chemistry.
- NEW! Ebooks on OverDrive. Access our growing collection of ebooks, including Project Gutenberg, through the
OverDrive or Libby apps. Check them out and read them on your computer, smartphone,
or other e-reading device.
- PsycARTICLES – full text of nearly 80 landmark journals in behavioral science and related fields ranging from education, to nursing, to business, to neuroscience. | For a tutorial on how to use this resource, click here.
- Science Direct Health and Life Sciences – access to books and journal articles in the biological sciences.
- Statista – find statistics, consumer survey results and industry studies from over 18000 sources on over 60000 topics on the internet’s leading statistics database.
- WSJ Online – access to content from the Wall Street Journal through ProQuest.
- Wilson Art Full Text – full-text coverage of art journals from 1984 to the present.
- Birds of the World (BOW)– A powerful new resource that brings together scholarly content from four celebrated works of ornithology—Birds of North America and Neotropical Birds with Handbook of the Birds of the World Alive and Bird Families of the World into one rich and colorful hub where you can find comprehensive, authoritative information on birds.
Bryn Athyn’s online Moodle site allows students to access power points, class notes, and other course materials.